The Devonshire Group is committed to enhancing our environment and we strive continuously to reduce our impact on it. We go beyond basic legal and regulatory requirements in order to fulfil our environmental agenda.
At Devonshire Hotels & Restaurants we are committed to providing excellence in customer service and superior comfort at all our properties whilst upholding our dedication to help preserve and protect our natural environment and our planet…
We have an Environmental/Green Policy which outlines how we aim to minimise our carbon footprint as much as possible. We currently:
- Use paper made from sustainable sources;
- Use energy saving light bulbs throughout the hotel wherever possible;
- Recycle all glass, paper and plastic;
- Encourage car sharing amongst staff
- Utilise the internet and email as a means to distribute information such as newsletters, brochures and letters;
- Use eco friendly powders and green chemicals to wash all towels in The Devonshire Spa;
- Make use of our very own Fruit and Vegetable garden and local food suppliers are used wherever possible reducing food miles
- Send as much Kitchen waste such as waste fats for environmentally friendly re-cycling;
- Encourage guests to forget all about their car whilst staying with us and enjoy the natural breathtaking beauty of the 30,000 acre Bolton Abbey estate and 35,000 acre Chatsworth Estate.
Wider than our Hotels & Restaurants segment; The Devonshire Group as a whole has an Environmental/Green Policy. With the “reduce, reuse, recycle” philosophy at the heart of our activity we are focusing on the following areas:
- Energy consumption
- Waste reduction
- Sustainable land management
- Employee awareness
- Renewable energy generation
- Sustainable procurement
The following will underpin these objectives:
- Consistent monitoring of our energy consumption to highlight potential and achieved reductions in energy consumed.
- To reduce the amount of waste we produce and that we send to landfill
- To reduce the amount of packaging that we handle each year and increase the percentage of packaging that is recyclable.
- To promote the environmental agenda to employees, visitors and guests and ensure that all new staff are given an environmental induction on our aims and objectives.
- Preserve and enhance the biodiversity, natural heritage and long term sustainability of the landed estates.
- Continue to invest in renewable energy projects to reduce our dependency on fossil fuels.
- Continue to source produce for our shops, restaurants, and hotels from the local estates and communities wherever possible.
- Continue to source products and services from suppliers who share and demonstrate our environmental ambitions.
- To achieve external recognition of our environmental credentials.
This policy statement will be reviewed annually and updated whenever necessary.