Win a Wedding at The Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ELIGIBILITY AND SELECTION
- The Devonshire Arms 2019 Wedding competition is free of charge to entrants on the following website www.devonshirearms.co.uk/winawedding between the dates of 30th September and 20th November 2019. The draw will be made after 20th November and the winner announced and notified. The winner must confirm their chosen prize date by 30th November 2019.
- The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom and the Channel Islands aged 18 years or over at the time of entering the competition.
- Entrants will only be entitled to enter once as a couple, duplicate entries will be removed.
- No employee of Devonshire Hotels & Restaurants Group or its representatives are entitled to enter or immediate relative of an employee, including but not limited to.... parents, children, brothers and sisters.
- Winning couples will be asked to share their story and preparations through the Devonshire Groups social media pages.
- We reserve the right to ask for evidence to verify the age, identity and/or eligibility of an entrant at any time.
- The winner will be selected by an independent judge, based upon their written entry.
- If you already have your wedding booked at any of the Devonshire Hotels and Restaurants properties, including The Devonshire Arms, Devonshire Fell or Cavendish Pavilion, you will not be eligible to enter.
- Completion of the online entrance form, including satisfactory answers to the questions, will gain entrance to the draw. Winner’s names will be available on request, and the winner's image and story will be used when announcing the winner. Devonshire Hotels and Restaurants Group will own the copyright on entries.
- Entries must not be sent in through agents. Such entries are void alongside bulk entries.
- In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the operation of any part of the competition, our decision shall be final.
- One winning couple will be allocated and one prize is available. No swaps or changes will be allowed. The draw will be made after 20th November and the winner announced and notified. Should we be unable to contact the winner within 5 days, the prize will be given to the runner up couple.
- The prize is valued at £7250. No cash alternative will be available. Upgrades will be available for additional guests, enhanced alcohol packages, enhanced menus, and enhanced entertainment. The couple’s Wedding Coordinator will be able to guide the couple on required extras once the prize has been allocated. Additional costs over and above the prize package will require full payment one month prior to the wedding date.
- Couples must arrange and pay for their own registrar (please contact Skipton Registry Office).
- The wedding prize dates have been reserved. They are not transferrable. Couples have to be able to fulfil their remaining wedding arrangements and legal requirements for their chosen date. The wedding will be held on either Thursday 26th or Saturday 28th March 2020. The winner must confirm their chosen prize date by 30th November 2019.
The prize includes the following:
- From The Devonshire Arms Hotel & Spa
- Civil ceremony room hire and set up.
- Reception drink for 40 people.
- Chef choice set three-course menu for 40 people.
- Menus are set for the two meal occasions; options on each service will be agreed by the couple and provided by the hotel team. No external caterers will be included within the prize, however, external catering requirements can be provided by the winners using a hotel’s recommended supplier booked by the Wedding Coordinator if they want to forego this part of the prize for their own catering needs.
- Two glasses of house wine per person with a wedding breakfast for 40 people.
- One glass of prosecco for toasts for 40 people.
- Evening buffet for 40 people.
- White table linen and crockery.
- Dedicated Wedding Coordinator to look after every venue detail.
- Master of Ceremonies from the hotel throughout the day.
- Suite for the happy couple to include breakfast the next morning.
- From local suppliers:
- Flowers from Wildflowers including four table centrepieces, one top table arrangement, bride’s bouquet and three buttonholes. Flowers will be of the florist’s choice with colours to suit the happy couple.
- Venue dressing package from Ambience Venue Styling including chair covers, sashes, table runners and top table charger plates, windowsill dressings to complement flowers, such as candles, candle holders or lanterns, personalised table plans, table names and place setting names.
- Two-tier iced sponge cake from Every Cloud Cakes & Bakes. 8” and 6” round tiers to serve 40 with a standard level of decoration included, delivery and set up at the Devonshire Arms on the day of the wedding. Decoration detail to be agreed with winners.
- DJ to provide evening disco until 1am from DJ Ed Marshall.
- Photography | Winter wedding photography package from Georgina Brewster Photography to include:
- Arrival to the venue one hour prior to the ceremony to cover bridal prep/detail shots/interior, exterior shots.
- Guest arrival and Groom/Groomsmen portraits.
- Confetti shot (weather permitting).
- Natural, candid photography throughout the drinks reception.
- Group shots (up to 10). Parents/Grandparents/Siblings/Bridesmaids/Groomsmen/wedding party.
- Couple portraits.
- Photographer departs when guests are seated for the wedding breakfast.
- The wedding collection will be ready within four weeks from the date of the wedding. The collection will be available for the couple to view and download from a password-protected, online gallery and will have a minimum of 250 un-watermarked images. A USB will also be sent out by post to the couple. A wedding highlights blogpost on www.georginabrewster.com will also be published if permission is granted by the couple.
- The prize will not include the provision of any of the following. All of which must be considered by the couple before entering the competition. This list is not exhaustive but is provided as a prompt for entrants to consider their additional personal budget and choices required:
- Wedding videographer
- Wedding cars
- Wedding Planner
- Gifts, additional flowers, favours
- Provision and payment for the civil service and registrar and any wedding legal costs
- Wedding attire
- Any entertainment with the exception of the hotel appointed DJ